Thursday, May 24, 2007

Enter Al Gore

This was a kind of lost week for me as I was mired in trauma and missing my vivid, colorful, incandescent Virgil and his doses of healing mischief. Also there were glitches in the blog posting department, which dear Nik seems to have resolved for me at a distance. Bravo Nik!

In lieu of a new blog by me, just consider this excerpt instead, cribbed from The Huffington Blog, by James Heffernan:
" I Have a Dream: Let's Re-elect Al Gore"

"Is there a single American voter who hasn't at least once wondered what sort of country and what sort of world we might now have if the Florida votes had been fairly counted in the presidential election of 2000? We will never know the answer to that question, but a Gore candidacy would give us the chance to make some amends for the most disastrous miscarriage of political justice in the history of this nation, to rebuild a confidence shattered by the pneumatic drill of fear, and to rediscover the true meaning of our constitution.

OK, OK, but he's still not running. How can we persuade him to run?

I don't know, but I do know there's a website called draftgore.org. If you think he should run, go straight to it and add your voice to the growing chorus."

At this point Gore looms over us like an avenging angel. If only, if only, there were some way we could persuade him to come down here. Ponder this, until next week, when Virgil and I will be back again.

No comments: